Thursday, August 6, 2009
1. What direct benefit has social media (linked in, facebook, twitter, etc.) brought your business?2. Have you generated actual income from your activities?3. Have you made contact with people that have directly benefited your business? If so, how did you benefit?4. How much time do you spend weekly monitoring your social media accounts?
5. What other value does it bring you?
6. What tips have you to share to help others’ experiences?
Here are my personal experiences (to get you started on some answers):
1. direct benefit? have found colleagues from my previous career in film/tv whom I’d lost touch with. Also was referred to some vendors to help my clients.
2. income? not generated income from this. have other marketing/sales programs for that.
3. benefit connections? yes, made contact w/ some who referred vendors to me. didn’t actually hire those vendors, but it helped me indirectly find those I did hire.
4. time? spend less than 1/2 hr. a week on SM (which may account for my lack of direct benefit, personally).
5. none, really. I already have a huge outreach list of those I enjoy, trust, educate or am interested in, so mostly find SM a duplicate effort.
6. tips? I always forget to check my inbox for messages. So, my tip is to email people directly. But those more expert than I tell me 70% of emails through Linked In get responded to vs. a lesser percentage of directly sent emails. Hmmm? Do I believe this? Not sure.
WHAT DO YOU THINK? Let’s share our experiences because ignorance is a time suck and “Knowledge is Bliss”! Please be honest rather than pitching your vast SM knowledge and services.
Thanks in advance for your feedback! Allison Bliss
“To Live, Twitter Must Die” http://www.slate.com/id/2225283/pagenum/all/#p2